Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Design For Fun

I stumbled upon these amazing archival pigment prints by Chad Wys at http://chadwys.com/works_kingdom.htm, as part of his Kingdom portrait photographs.

They inspired me to add my own twist, using some of the tricks that my mentor and colleague Ken Murphy has shared with me in the last few months. Finding inspiration and experimenting with the tools I learn on a daily basis are what keep me from becoming boxed into a single style, and help me to continue to grow and learn. From there, new lessons are learned and experimented with.

My first go at the Bear print said "May 2012 Bring Success", but I changed that when my brother pointed out that a Bear signifies a "down" market, while the Bull signifies the "up" market. Shows how much I know about that.

So for now, Bear Hugs for you. Many thanks for checking in on The Portland Designer blog.

To see more of my work, visit www.theportlanddesigner.com